Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Otitis Media.

Yesterday, I woke up with severe pain in my left ear. I had to go to the emergency room. Well I waited for the doctor for over an hour. Not too emergency I must say.

When she finally  breezed in, my pain was unbearable. She inspected the ear and told me I have some infected fluid in my ear, hence the pain. She said it was Otitis Media.

 Then she proceeded to ask me  my pain scale. "From 1 - 10, with ten being your most pain you ever felt, rate your pain".

I said 10.

She got mad at me.  She said she does not think so and went on and on and on. I was in shock.
That was very unprofessional. I reminded her that pain was subjective and it is  whatever the patient said. She insisted  that I was lying that my pain was not 10/10.

She recommended some antibiotic and zero pain medicine. She rubbed me the wrong way but I forgive her.  *Closing my eyes, breathing in and breathing out*

When I saw Daniel, I bathe him and just took pictures of his room.
You can see the sugar water, the scale for measuring his diapers, his food, his water. Etc.
It is well.









No comments:

Post a Comment