Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bottle Feeding.

I made it Just in time for the bottle feed training.  There was a lot of traffic congestion on the freeway. However,  Whenever it rains in Houston, the freeways get messed up. Everybody start driving like drunk drivers. Including me.

When I got to the hospital, I dashed upstairs because I got 5 minutes left  to make it.


When the OT ( occupational Therapist) came in, she showed me how to stretch,  twist, bend,  and squeeze him.  He was loving the exercises and passing gas.

Then we proceeded to feeding. She took the feeding tube out of his mouth and he gagged a little. We allowed him to rest for a while.   Then she put the feeding bottle  with 57 ml of milk his mouth.

 When he tasted the milk for the very first time, his eyes snapped open.  BAM!
Then he went on a sucking rampage. He sucked down that bottle like a pro.

 My tearful cheering and loudness brought everybody to our room. The doctor, the Physician Assistant,  other nurses and technicians. He was applauded.

He did well and we were all proud of him.
Best birthday present ever.




2 comments: