Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yesteryears!


This is a story I had on Nairaland!

 This story was when I was about  9 or 10 years old. We were living in a very poor area  in Benin city with poor schools.  This story depicts  a day in a life of an average Nigerian kid.

Enjoy it.

Sorry for the cut off part. I just copied and pasted from my original post.



I was in primary 4 and my mother fed us beans and Akamu for breaksfast. Everyone dispatched to school and my parents to work to work. About 2 hours later, my stomach was roaring, poopoo was negotiating.

I excused myself from class to school latrine.
The worst site ever. There was poopoo everywhere even before you walk in the door,the smell had my nose in a coma.
Anyways, our face me-I face you apartment was like five minutes away. So I started to jog to get there faster. Bad combination!

Immediately I started, I felt some warm liquid in my pants. So I slowed down the pace. Na lie...more liquid escaping.  Chai! I started to run very fast now and by this time the liquid was flowing down my legs and those giant flies with loud speakers were racing with me.
I raced passed an old lady, she thought it was a dog pursuing me, she started to run. No time to explain. My stomach was hurting and the liquid was gushing now. I was sprinting fast and crying now.

When you are in trouble, your house seems to move further away from you. Every step was excruciating. I never stopped.

By this time, I was racing fast, crying and not forgetting the flies. When I finally got home, there was no need for toilet. All the beans was in my pant. Kai.

We never had beans and Adamu in the morning because my mom had to wash my uniform.

Thinking back now, I could have stopped in on of the 30 houses I passed. Childhood!
was in primary four and my mother fed us beans and akamu for breakfast. Everyone dispatched to school and my parents work. About two hours later, my stomach was roaring, poopoo was negotiating.
I excused myself from class to school latrine.
The worst site ever . There was poopoo everywhere even before you walk in the door, the smell had my nose in coma. Anyways,
our face me I face house was like five minutes so I started to jog home to get there faster. It was a bad combination. Immediately I started, I felt some warm liquid in the pant. So I slowed down the pace, na lie..more warm liquid escaping.
Chai, I started to run very very fast now and by this time liquid was flowing down my legs and those giant flies with loud speakers where racing with me. I race passed an old lady, she thought it was a dog pursuing me and she started running. No time to explain. My stomach hurting, the liquid was gushing now. I was sprinting fast and crying.
When you are in trouble, your house seems to move further from you. Every step was excruciating. I never stopped.
By this time, I was racing fast, crying and not forgetting the flies. When I finally got home, there was no need for the toilet. All the beans was in my pant. Kai. We never had beans and akamu in the morning again, because my mom had to wash my uniform .
Thinking back now, I could have stopped in one of the 30 houses, I passed. Childhood.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report19 Likes


No comments:

Post a Comment