Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Better Day.

I went  to Dana's school and met with her teacher. She looked nice and warm but was frustrated with Dana. She explained that Dana  was not left hungry but given a snack instead of a meal.  Dana wanted a meal like everyone else and when she did not get one, she lost it.

she started crying in front of other kids. The teacher said that it was while she was trying to take her outside that Dana hit her hand.  And when they got outside, Dana hit her thighs again. Her face was serious with a capital S.

 Hitting a teacher or another student was strictly against school policy.

I totally apologized to her even though I secretly went for war. Lol.
I sheathed my sword in my head privately.

I also told her  that Dana is missing her Grandma and Grandpa. All the people that carry her and spoil her in Nigeria. Uncles, Aunties, friends, church, Day care and her "blue School". Igbinedion Education Center. All the excuses I could give .    phew!

When I called Grandma to tell her Dana was at fault, Grandma was not convinced. She  still believed that the truth was not told yet. "Dana is not violent" she  said.

 "Dana fights back when you insult or belittle her" she concluded.    Ok mama. No comment.

BFF is a  really a strong bond or is it Grandparents thing?


However, when Dana came home....she ran in yelling
"Mommy, mommy, I behaved myself  today and My Aunty sent you a letter".


Check out the letter below.







No comments:

Post a Comment