Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kidney News

Like I mentioned in earlier post, my kidneys was seriously affected by LUPUS during my pregnancy.  My OB/GYN then said I was the WORST case of kidney damage he has seen during his 22 years of practicing.   I had Proteinuria ( protein in my urine) at 10,000 unit!  That means was kidney was not filtering or just not working.

Normal working kidneys should have no protein at all. All protein should be returned to the body not wasted in urine. Mine was doing otherwise during and after pregnancy.  The test is conducted by gathering all my  urine in 24 hours in a container and tested in the lab.

Well yesterday October 18,2013 was my Kidney News day and I am happy to say that my kidneys are returning back to normal functioning.

  My  kidney Doctor ( Nephrologist)   was very impressed with my improvement and praised all my efforts in getting weekly blood test and adhering to my medication regimen.

 I thank   God.

She said my Kidneys are still spilling some proteins but not in huge amount. She made two adjustment to my medication and hope to see me  Next year.

I will still be getting tested every other week and my test results sent to her.  If no changes, we will be seeing in February,  2014.

She wished me luck. Love her!

*Pictures of my Doctors office before she came in*




3 comments:

  1. i praise and thank God for you. for His stripes you are healed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are a lovely person. I truly appreciate your kindness. Stay blessed.

      Delete