Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mommy is Greedy

One of the Neonatologist ( baby Doctor) called me to give daily reports.
 I was complaining about the fact that Daniel's oxygen needs was too high at 50%  with a bubble CPAP.

She laughed and reminded me of when he was incubated and intubated   and my prayers was for him to be extubated. Yes!

She reminded me of when his lungs could not carry him for more than 24 hours.  Yes!

She reminded me when his whole little lungs was infected with pneumonia and had antibiotics for days. Yes!

She reminded me of his blood transfusions and other transfusions. Yes!

She reminded me of when he was just 1 lb and 6 ounces . Yes!

Phew!

"Let him take his time mommy,  don't be too greedy" she whispered.




After she hung up, I thought about our journey and promised not to be too greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment