Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Waiting Game.

As I sat in my hospital room reading my bible, my heart hoped for a miracle. Any miracle, any news I could hold on to my five month old fetus. I did the whole DABDA thingy. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, ( cannot remember the other D), and Acceptance.  I  was losing this battle with my body  and my baby was going to be surgically removed.

As the nurse administired my  second  steroid shot into my left thigh for my baby's lungs, I knew my time was up. I apologize to my unborn son and ask him to forgive me and my body for not sheltering him to term. I told him to make it, I begged him to.

Two days later, on June 13, 2013. A group of doctors marched into my room to explain my latest lab tests. In summary,  I was going in for C - Section now!   Like right now!

The time was 9am and by 11am, record shows my son was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment