Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Red Blood.

The last thing I remembered was that I being shaved on the surgical table and  bunch of Doctors hovering over me.  One of administering IV, another securing my legs and arms . I was half naked and freezing my butt off.  Their faces did not reveal their fears. I felt it.

As I started to cry, one of the doctors held my hand and told me to count to five.

One, two, three.........

I woke in the recovery room.  

Now I was bleeding from my surgery site. I felt blood pouring out of me like water. I called out to the nurse who tried her best to stop it. No avail. Every breath prompted more blood  flow. Emergency surgery  was to be done again. I was wheeled back into the surgery room again and this time I saw the doctors fears.

I heard that my platelets was low ( platelets are element that make you stop bleeding). Mine was gone or low due to Pre Elampsia.

I woke up with no voice, pain and a plastic drainage tube hanging from my abdomen. I was placed in ICU for days. Pain pump at my disposal. I was going to make it. Yes I can.  Where is my son?

No comments:

Post a Comment