Monday, July 22, 2013

Pre Eclampsia - The silent evil!

June 6, 2013 will forever be imbedded in my memory forever. That day was the beginning of all my woes. I was barely five months pregnant and had gone for my regular doctor's visit only to discover that my life was in  grave danger!
 Yes I had the classic signs of Pre Eclampsia.  My feet were swollen, my blood pressure was high (155/107), and a lot of protein was discovered in my urine.  I was sent to hospital for further evaluation.

In my mind, I will be returning home today, the doctors will use their magic and lower my blood pressure, deflate my swollen feet and eradicate my proteinuria.
After all the blood tests ( about 500 of them),  I was officially declared to be Pre Elamptic.

The only cure for Pre Elampsia was giving birth!  I was just five months pregnant. Oh My God!

A week ago, I was out and about with my daughter, mom  and my pregnant self.
So sad.

NOTE:

Pre Eclampsia is a serious disease that becomes Eclampsia ( seizure/coma). It   affects a few percentage of pregnant women and the only known cure is delivery of the baby to save the mother's life.



Dana Karen ---my 4 year old daughter.

                                                        Pregnant Stella posing.
                                                     Dana Karen
                                                 At a Japanense restuarant for momsie birthday!
                                                           mom pinging! lol.
                                                                 mom's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment