Monday, July 22, 2013

A Prayer for Stella.

I was kept at The West Houston Hospital for about five days! I was not getting any better according to my lab tests.  But I felt fine except for occasional headaches and my still swollen feet.

My doctors had panic looks on their faces whenever they explain my results.  My only choice was to deliver my baby. My baby boy! I was shattered and devastated but I was in denial.

I am not going to deliver my baby at five months. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Did I say no already? NO!

I have Magnesium Sulfate infusing into my veins for five days now to prevent ECLAMPSIA. I have a Foley catheter inserted into my bladder to collect urine. Loads of hypertensive medications to lower my blood pressure. I have IV hanging around me. I could not get out of bed. I stink because i smell myself. I have nurses, doctors, lab tech, nurse tech and every body coming into my room every second. No sleep. That was the least of my problems because i was supposed to have  No food just in case I need urgent C - Section delivery.  

I was going crazy. I am losing it. My life has taken a turn for the worse. Now more bad news. I have to be transferred by helicopter to Texas Women Hospital because my labs are indicating the dreaded EClAMPSIA!

It dawn on me, that the game was up, the fanfare was over. All I had left was hope. I held on to very last fiber of faith in me. I tried, I prayed, I bargained, I cried. I hoped for some good news. None!

NOTE:
I was eventually transferred with an  ambulance To Texas Women Hospital because the Helicopter was transporting patient at that time. I made it in one piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment